Job #: C479
Location: New York City, NY
Organ Type: Pipe
Building Type: Church
The organ at St Paul the Apostle in New York City is the famous 1965 M.P. Möller 4 manual, 82 rank instrument upon which Virgil Fox recorded The Christmas Album. A new low-profile French tier keydesk of red oak and Honduras mahogany was constructed. All of the switching systems were updated with the latest digital technology including a complete MIDI interface. The pipework was cleaned and placed on speech and the wind system and windchest mechanism was releathered.
- 106 drawknobs, 22 rocker tabs, 82 ranks
- 4 manuals plus pedalboard, velocity sensing keyswitching on the lowest manual
- 99 independent combination memory levels with SFZ configurable on each level
- 99 step Registration Sequencer independent of memory levels
- 3 Memory pistons which may function as either Memory Level Select or MIDI Configuration Select
- 10 MIDI drawknobs, 2 for each division, fully integrated into combination action and fully configurable,
- 12-step Transposer via UP/DOWN pistons
- Manual Transfer, Recall
- non-coupling Posaune, floating Nave division
- 20 stage Crescendo, 32 stage expression for the Swell, 14 stages for Choir
- Tuning knob and Temperature Sensor in chamber to keep MIDI stops in tune with pipes
St. Paul The Apostle Church
New York City, NY
Peragallo Pipe Organ Co.
306 Buffalo Avenue
Download OrganWorks File
Download the OrganWorks file for this job.