Chamber components of the CLASSIC pipe organ control system are primarily magnet driver boards. These accept serial input from the Pipe Control Computer (PCC) in Legacy systems, or the Universal Interface Board (UIB - Ethernet to serial interface) in Maestro systems.
In Legacy systems, the Pipe Control Computer (PCC) receives stop, expression, miscellaneous, and coupled-key data from the Console Control Computer (CCC) and performs all stop action control, and borrowing and unification functions for any number of ranks. The computer can easily be programmed to control any combination of unit chests, multi-rank divisional chests, offset chests, etc., as well as stop actions, slider motor controllers, tremolo controls, swell engines, etc. A rank may be played at any pitch including mutations. A stop may control a single stop-action magnet on a pitman chest, a pitch on a unified rank, a compound stop or mixture made from one or more pipe ranks, etc.
In Maestro systems, all data processing is done in the console, so the UIB simply routes the correct data to each driver board installed.
- Each PCC controls up to 24 Pipe Driver Boards each driving 96 outputs.
- Various drivers are available, designed for Positive or Negative Common wiring, and at various power handling ratings.
- Drivers may be discrete boards designed for mounting on a plywood panel, or plug-in cards designed to be installed in our "grey-box" packaged systems.
- Additional PCCs/UIBs can be added as required, in larger organs with multiple chambers.
- Slider Motor Controller is available to drive stop action solenoids on slider chests.
- MIDI in/out for expander and alternative applications.
- Diagnostic LEDs to indicate receiving data and power.
- Power: 8-15V (5V Regulator on board.)