<- Console Products
Music Rack Control Panel (MRCP)
Fitted under the Console Music Rack, it adds displays and push-button controls to your console.
Principally intended for organ console rebuilds, the Music Rack Control Panel (MRCP) saves on the considerable costs of modifying a console. The MRCP adds a bargraph display, seven-segment numerical displays, and push-buttons. The entire unit fits beneath a music rack in consoles and consists of a number of circuit boards encased in a sturdy and aesthetically pleasing steel frame.
- Consists of a single metal unit which mounts beneath a normal music rack base (some modification to the woodwork may be necessary).
- Contains two pairs of dual-digit numerical displays, two groups of eight momentary-action push-buttons and up to five bargraph displays for Expression and Crescendo pedals.
- The MRCP-1 version is intended for large organs and has five bargraph displays. All other displays are centered for better visibility.
- The MRCP-2 version is intended for smaller organs and has only three bargraph displays.
- The MRCP-3 version is intended for medium-sized organs and has four bargraph displays.
- Push-buttons are usually used for special Classic functions such as SET, ALT, UP, DOWN, etc., but could also be used for extra MIDI stops or other custom functions.
- Two pairs of seven-segment numerical displays normally show the Memory Level, Registration Sequencer stage, Transposer offset, and Crescendo stage.
- Bargraph displays indicate the positions of up to five expression shoes and illuminate from left to right in sixteen sections to represent volume increases.
- The bargraphs can have multi-coloured segments (to special order) on the right side to warn that the shoes are near the maximum. (The topmost red segments can be used to indicate Sforzando is on - to special order).
- All displays are a restful green colour and a brightness control is provided which allows them all to be dimmed together.
- A single multicore cable connects the unit to the electronics within the console.
- Access within the unit, should it require servicing, is provided by removing five screws when the whole unit comes away as a working entity leaving its mounting cover behind.
- The matte-black unit measures 33" wide x 1" high x 1¾" deep (it fits under a normal 2-inch music rack shelf) to allow fold-down brackets at either end for tab-style consoles. For drawknob consoles, the ends may be extended with wooden cheeks to accommodate retractable pin-type pivots.
MRCP product brochure: View Online | Download