The Classic Organ Works control system quite possibly has more features than any other system on the market. As there are too many features to list here, the features provided by specific components of the system are listed with those components. The brain of the system, the Console Control Computer (CCC or LCCU), is especially rich in features and functions.
Console styles and controls supported:
- Supports traditional moving Drawknobs or Lighted Drawknobs, moving or lighted Rocker tabs, moving Tongue tabs - for stops and couplers;
- consoles with lighted (incandescent or LED) pushbuttons for stops and couplers;
- stops, keys, pistons, wired in "matrix" or "parallel" fashion;
- keyboards with traditional mechanical keyswitching, optical keyswitching, or other non-contact switching;
- second-touch keyswitch inputs available for Theatre Organs;
- compatible with CLASSIC CMK keyboards with integrated piston rails and lighted (or not) pistons;
- compatible with MIDI inputs for keys, pistons, etc.;
- various graphic and numeric displays and control panels, including tablets and smart phones (Maestro systems).
Stop Input Features
- Up to 2048 stops available with expansion modules. Each switch-input board has a 64-stop capacity, wired in an 8x8 matrix, or in parallel.
- Automatic Pedal, Automatic Solo, Pizzicato, Sustain/Sustenuto, Transposer, etc.
- Can directly drive LED push-button stops, or CLASSIC LRT (Lighted Rocker Tabs).
- SAMDB boards are required to drive dual-magnetic stop actions (tabs or drawknobs).
- Can connect Syndyne lighted drawknobs (requires LAMPDR-1 lamp driver board).
- 256-piston capacity, wired in an 16x16 matrix of any combination of generals, divisionals, reversibles, or other special functions. (Can have parallel 12V inputs via SIB's.)
- Double-touch pistons can be accommodated, if required. These are used in theatre organs.
- Additional piston-inputs available for effects and traps in theatre organs.
- Direct input from matrixed keyboards (5 61-note manuals and 32-note pedalboard).
- Compatible with CLASSIC Optical Keyswitch boards, including optional velocity sensing.
- Input from parallel-wired stops, keyboards, and pistons using optional Switch Input Boards (SIB), or via "packaged units" (CCU/OCU).
- Additional "floating divisions" allowed.
- 8-channel ADC (analog-to-digital converter) for expression pedals, tuning, or other variable-voltage devices.
All Classic Control Systems allow easy connection of a second console, or control of multiple organs:
You can have:
- One console controlling two organs;
- Two consoles controlling one or more organs;
- Two consoles running two different organs simultaneously;
- Two consoles each able to selectively control different organs, one at a time;
- Consoles that are identical or different.
- Inter-console communications, to transfer piston settings (if identical).