<- Pipe Chamber Products
Pipe Control Computer (PCC)
The PCC controls the driver boards in the pipe-chamber. Two versions are available - for single or dual console organs.
The Pipe Control Computer (PCC) is normally installed in the pipe chamber replacing Pipe organ relays while providing Pipe organ keying functionality using solid state switching. It receives stop, expression, miscellaneous and coupled-key data from the Console Control Computer (CCC), or via MIDI-In from an electronic organ's MIDI-Out, and performs all stop control, borrowing and unification functions for any number of ranks. The computer can easily be programmed to control any combination of unit chests, multi-rank divisional chests, offset chests, etc., as well as stop actions,tremolo controls, swell engines, etc. A rank may be played at any pitch including mutations. A stop may control a single stop-action magnet, a pitch on a unified rank, a compound stop or mixture made from one or more pipe ranks, etc.
The computer can directly connect to as many as 24 Pipe Driver Boards each of which is capable of controlling up to 96 chest magnets. It can also connect to other driver boards such as PDB, SAMDB, CDB to control swell engines, zimbelsterns, tremolos, chimes, and other chamber equipment . Multiple PCCs may be connected to the same organ console. MIDI out for driving "sound expanders" and alternative applications is also included. Two LEDs are included on the board to aid in diagnostics. One indicates that power is present. The other flashes to indicate that valid data is being received from the Console Control Computer.
The PCC is available in two types with three versions each. The two types are PCC-1E and PCC-2E (which incorporates dual-console support without the need for an add-on circuit board). The three versions are PCC/16 which has 16 outputs to drive PDBs, PCC/24 which has 24 outputs, and PCC/RS which has 24 outputs of which outputs 21-24 are duplicated in "RS-422" (balanced-line) form, to allow up to four PDBs to be situated a long distance from the PCC.
- Each PCC controls up to 24 Pipe Driver Boards each driving 96 outputs.
- Diagnostic LEDs to indicate receiving data and power.
- Programmable to control any combination of unit chests, multi-rank divisional chests, offset chests, stop actions, tremolo controls, swell engines, etc.
- Allows a stop to control a single stop action magnet, a pitch on a unified rank, a compound stop, or mixture made from one or more pipe ranks, etc.
- Additional PCCs can be added as required, in larger organs.
- Support for multiple Pipe Driver Boards in remote locations through RS422 serial-data links.
- MIDI OUT0 - provides Chamber "repeater" output (from Console CCC) to drive a MIDI Expander, or Pipe Voice Generator.
- MIDI IN2 - input from MIDI-Out on an electronic organ console, which is to drive pipes.
- MIDI OUT2 - Thru output from IN2 or other uses.
- MIDI OUT1 - for special uses such as unified "midiranks" generated by a MIDI Expander.
- Latest firmware supports MIDI input from Viscount organ consoles, and performs inter and intra-manual coupler functions as well.
- Power: 8-15V (5V Regulator on board.)
- Dimensions: 4" x 14" (PCC-1E)
- Dimensions: 6" x 14" (PCC-2E)
For dual-console system support and long-distance applications where the PCC may be mounted hundreds of feet away from driver boards (PDB, SAMDB, CDB), the Line Driver Board (LDB) is required. The LDB receives data from the PCC and outputs the data to the remote driver boards.
PCC-1E Product Brochure: View | Download
PCC-2E Product Brochure: View | Download