<- Pipe Chamber Products
Pipe Control Unit (PCU)
The Pipe Control Unit (PCU) is contained in a metal box, which has a hinged "pin-board" panel to which all connections to chest magnets are made. Two versions are available - 8 (with front panel PCIO-1) or 10 ranks (PCIO-2).
Normally, all outputs for chest magnets are negative-going (active-low) so that a positive common is used on all chest magnets. If required (or preferred) outputs may be positive (negative common on chests) by using a different type of driver board. Drivers can even be mixed, if required.
The box is 15" wide by 21" high and about 6" deep (including connectors). The hinged panel (14" x 21") is a heavy-duty printed circuit board with rows of pins onto which cables may be plugged. Holes are provided at the hinged edge to tie cables down. There is also a "pin-board" on the left side for miscellaneous connections such as MIDI-Out, Consolecable in, Console cable out, etc. Heavy-duty binding posts are used for +12V input from the chamber power supply (or organ rectifier). The box is designed to be mounted easily on the wall of the chamber so that all connections are easily accessible. It eliminates the Pipe organ relays of older systems while providing Pipe organ keying when used with the Console Control Unit (CCC).
Connections on the front panel (PCIO-1) are made to sixteen (16) rows of 48 output pins.To the right of each row is a terminal block to which commons may be connected. (Positive common outputs use internal self-resetting fuses.)
There is also a version with twenty (20) rows of 48 output pins. This panel is the same size as the sixteen-row version.
- Contains a Pipe Control Computer internally, so almost all PCC features are available in the PCU version.
- Connectors on the side panel allow for connection to remote driver boards and to provide a buffered "Console cable" output to the next PCU (in the same or another chamber).
- An AC Chime driver board may be installed inside. This board replaces Chime relays used in older organs. The wiring to Chime magnets may be routed through a large hole at the right side.
- Every row is fused with a self-resetting fuse
- Implements 'Unit organ relay' functionality using state-of-the-art electronics.
- Packaged unit reduces wiring between boards.
Consists of a heavy-duty metal box with a face 'pin-board' (PCIO) for connection to chest magnets/pipe magnets, expression shade motors, tremulants, and pressure switches. It can also be used to connect a second console, remote drivers, MIDI sound generator, Temperature sensor input, a second chamber, and the Console Control Unit (CCU)
- Size: 15" (wide), 21" (high), 6" (deep)
- Power: 12-15V (organ rectifier) at 54 Amps
- Outputs are Active Hi or Low
- 768 Outputs (8 Ranks x 96 Outputs).
An OrganWorks file is used to fully describe an organ, including stop names, and chamber information. An OrgnWorks file from a previous job may be used as a template. When we receive the OrganWorks file from you, we can quickly configure the chamber (PCC) program, and deliver a Pipe Control Unit (PCU) containing driver boards required to drive the pipe-chests in the organ.
PCU Photo: View | Download
Packaged Systems Brochure: View | Download