Classic OrganAssistant is a computer program used to manage the ever-increasing complexity of a modern computer-controlled pipe organ. Designed for organists, a Memory Manager tool saves and restores Combination Action memory data from the organ to/from a PC's hard disk. All pistonsettings for a particular memory level can be saved to a file on the PC. These saved settings can be restored to the same memory level or a different memory level in the organ. Other memory data, such as Registration Sequencersettings, crescendo pedal settings, and the organ control system's configuration settings can also be saved to and restored from the PC.
On organs equipped with a built-in Sequencer (MIDI Record/Playback system), OrganAssistant can be used to upload and download recorded "songs", and change their names, as shown on the VFD display.
Other features of OrganAssistant include:
- An "all-memory" backup function which stores/retrieves all adjustable settings in the organ to/from a single file on the PC!
- A MIDI-stop editing tool allowing the organist to see all the settings of each MIDI-stop on the organ, and easily make changes to these settings. The MIDI-stop settings on each memory level can be saved in a file on the PC, and restored to any memory level in the organ.
- Copy-and-paste settings for any MIDI-stop to any other MIDI-stop on the same or a different memory level.
- Preview settings on the organ without saving to permanent memory in the organ.
- Save settings of all MIDI-stops on a particular memory level to a file on the PC or save permanently in the organ with just a click of the mouse on the PC!
- Full Help system, should operations not be obvious at first use.
- Works with any pipe organ equipped with a Classic Pipe Organ Control System firmware version 4.41 or higher. (Organs with older firmware versions can be upgraded at a small cost).
- Runs on any PC with a Windows operating system, including Windows XP, Vista, and Win7. Requires a MIDI interface.
- Ability to use the same PC as a Sequencer (for record/playback) without changing connections!
Why use OrganAssistant?
Classic OrganAssistant is designed to be simple and easy to use. It is intended to provide a convenient way for an organist to manage the ever-increasing complexity of a modern computer-controlled pipe organ. A full Help system is available should operations not be obvious.
For organs with a Classic Pipe Organ Control System with firmware version 4.41 or higher, one simply needs to connect the MIDI inputs and outputs from the computer to the organ. Organs with older firmware versions can be upgraded at a small cost. The PC can also be used as a Sequencer (for record/playback) without changing connections!
Lastly, this program is available free of charge to anyone who can use it. Thus, it is an extremely low-cost method of simplifying complex pipe organ functions.
The current version of OrganAssistant is 1.31.
To download your free copy of OrganAssistant please click on the link below. You will be asked to provide us with your contact information by completing the online form. The data from this form is used by Classic Organs Works solely for supporting the website and OrganAssistant. This information is not provided to anyone outside the company.
Click Here To Download OrganAssistant
View the OrganAssistant Manual
If you require support with some aspect of OrganAssistant, browse through the help file included with the software. If your inquiry cannot be found in the help file, please contact us.
Your comments and suggestions about OrganAssistant are most welcome. Please send your comments and suggestions using the online form.[Top]